Home > France > Paris > Programs > Program Overview > Course Requirements > Course Description
Marketing 320: Principles of Advertising
The American Business School in Paris
Marketing 210 (Principles of Marketing) or equivalent
An examination of the various forms of marketing communication, both
mass and personal, paid-for and free, are described and discussed.
Examples of marketing communications are evaluated and the process of
promotional planning is explored.
COURSE OBJECTIVES & INSTRUCTIONAL METHODOLOGY:
develop an extensive understanding of the promotional process which
includes both conceptual and real-world knowledge. In the end, a
student should be able to construct and evaluate a media plan.
course is developed through lectures, discussion and group/individual
presentations of case studies. Students are expected to thoroughly read
text materials and participate in class discussion. Will be covered in
- Introduction; Ethics & Regulation
- Marketing Process; Agencies
- Strategic Research; Planning; Psychology
- Media Planning; Broadcast Media
- Print Media; Media Buying
- Direct Response; Creating Directory and Out-of-Home
- Sales Promotion; Public Relations
- Business & Retail Advertising; International Considerations
Advertising, Tony Yeshin, South-Western, 2006
final grade will be made up of a class participation (10%), a research
project (20%), a mid-term test (30%), and the final examination (40%).