COURSE DESCRIPTION & OBJECTIVES:
The aim of this course is to learn how to develop business web sites by using FrontPage, along with HTML, XML, CSS, SQL database management, and other e-business software. The course is hands on, with students developing their own personal web site with multiple, hypothetical business applications, and a group site which simulates a successful e-business site.
Courses take place in the computer lab. The instructor presents and clarifies content, design, and development of business sites. Students complete exercises and build components of typical e-commerce sites. Students use their own newly-created web site to post their completed homework. Assignments include both individual and group work.
Will be covered in class:
- networks & the internet; protocols, architecture, topologies, transmission media, html
- setting up a website, publishing a site, FTP
- navigation structure, banner creation, CSS & style sheets, color schemes,
- picture & product displays, multimedia content, hotspots
- tables for layout & product presentation
- live data inclusion, updating, collaboration and SharePoint, FAQ questions
- form inputs for ordering and online surveys, informational site
- intranets and extranets, payment, real-time business systems, affiliation
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, Aderson & Johnson, Perspection Inc., 2008
70% of the final grade will be based on the completed exercises in the student’s personal web site; 30% will be based on his/her group web site.