Home > France > Paris > Programs > Program Overview > Course Requirements > Course Description
Finance 220: Business Finance 2
The American Business School in Paris
Finance 210 (Business Finance 1) or equivalent
This is the second part of a course that provides a solid foundation in fundamental finance theory and practice. The course introduces such basic concepts as securities markets, interest rates, and risk/return valuation models. In addition, the course concentrates on how managerial finance can be used to maximize the value of the firm.
The course consists of class lectures, oral case analysis presentations, and exams.
Will be covered in class:
- Introduction and overview
- Cash flow estimation and risk analysis
- Capital structure and leverage
- Distribution to shareholders; dividends and share repurchases
- Managing current assets
- Financing current assets
- Derivatives and risk management
- Multinational financial management
- Hybrid financing; preferred stock, leasing, warranties, and convertibles
- Mergers, LBOs, derivatives, and holding companies
Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, Brealey/Myers, 6th edition McGraw Hill International
The final grade will be made up of class participation (20%), a midterm test (40%), and the final examination (40%).