Home > France > Paris > Programs > Program Overview > Course Requirements > Course Description
Statistics 210: Business Statistics
American Business School Paris
Math 120 (Calculus) or equivalent
This course provides second year students with an overall picture of the scope and structure of business statistics. The objective of this course is to proovide the students with a practical understanding of some widely used statistical tools and methods and the ability to use this knowledge to prepare a quantitative study, process the gathered data and interpret its results.
INSTRUCTIONAL METHODOLOGY :
The course is developed through lectures, discussion and numerical problem solving sessions. Students are expected to thoroughly read text materials and participate in class discussion. Will be covered in class :
- Introduction : What is statistics ?
- Methods for describing sets of data
- Measures of position ; measures of dispersion
- Relationships between qualitative variables
- Forecasting techniques
- Probability concepts
- Random variables ; probability distributions
- Normal distribution ; estimation of a population mean or proportion
Business Statistics : A Decision-Making Approach, Groebner/Shannon, Prentice-Hall, 6th Ed, 2005
The final grade will be made up of a class participation and homework (20%), a mid-term test (40%) and the final examination (40%).