Home > France > Paris > Programs > Program Overview > Course Requirements > Course Description
Marketing 350: International Marketing
American Business School Paris
Marketing 210 (Principles of Marketing) or equivalent
The main emphasis of the course will be on practical experience through the development of a well-conceived international marketing plan. You will develop an understanding of the tools and techniques used in the markdeting of goods and services on a global basis and gain experience in formulating international marketing policies.
The student will gain a working knowledge of international marketing terms and concepts. He/she will develop a managerial viewpoint of marketing decion making and gain a basic knowledge of the global environment. The course will attempt to sharpen your analytical and critical skills through case studies and the regular reading and analyzing of current events.
INSTRUCTIONAL METHODOLOGY :
The course is developed through lectures, discussion and group/individual presentations of case studies. Students are expected to thoroughly read text materials and participate in class discussion. Will be covered in class :
- Introduction : The International Marketing Plan
- Internationalizing the firm ; Strategic options ; the socio-cultural environment
- Public policy environment ; Creating a competitive advantage
- Global, regional & emerging markets
- International markets & customers ; Analysis of international competitors
- Entering international markets ; Exporting as a strategy
- Competitive alliances; Entering markets through foreign direct investment
- Consumer products firm ; the services firm
- International distribution ; Selling & negotiating
- Managing international marketing operations
Global Marketing, Keegan & Green, 4th Edition, 2006
The final grade will be made up of a class participation, articles and case studies handed in, a mid-term test and the final examination.