Home > France > Paris > Programs > Program Overview > Course Requirements > Course Description
Economics 220: Macroeconomic Analysis
American Business School Paris
Economics 120 (Microeconomics) or equivalent
This course builds upon the foundations put into place in ECO 120. It includes topics of current interest and incorporates the latest research in economic modeling.
COURSE OBJECTIVES :
To provide students with the knowledge and practical methods to apply the general principles of microeconomics to business problems.
INSTRUCTIONAL METHODOLOGY :
The course consists of class lectures and outside reading assignments. Students will be expected to do class presentations on various assignments. Will be covered in class :
- The Basics of Supply & Demand
- Consumer Behavior
- Individual & Market Demand
- Choice Under Uncertainty
- Production; the Cost of Production
- Profit Maximization & Competitive Supply
- Analysis of Competitive Markets
- Market Power : Monoploly & Monopsony
- Pricing with Market Power
- Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
- Game Theory & Competitive Strategy
Microeconomics, Pindyck/Rubinfeld, Prentice Hall, 6th Edition, 2004
The final grade will be made up of a class participation, homework, case studies, a mid-term test and the final examination.