Home > Spain > Barcelona > Programs > Program Overview > Course Requirements > Course Description
Geography - The Geography of Spain
University of Barcelona (UB)
Intermediate and Advanced
Two to three semesters of college level Spanish is recommended
TERM 1 : Spain: the Territory and its People
To introduce students to Spain’s natural environment and its relationship with Spanish society and the country’s economy.
- Geomorphology, economy and society
- Genesis of the Iberian Peninsula
- Large structural and topographical units
- Relationship between physical factors and the human factor
- Climate, economy and society
- Temperatures, rainfall, prevailing winds
- Climate diversity in the Iberian Peninsula
- Relationship between climate factors and human activities
Hydrography, economy and society
- Rivers, lakes, lagoons and their relation to human activities
Ecology, economy and society
- Vegetation, fauna and global dynamics.
RABELLA, J.M., (1998), Atlas de España y Portugal, Barcelona, Península.
VIDAL, T., Apuntes policopiados.
VILÀ, J., (1980), La península ibérica, Barcelona, Ariel.
At the end of the term, a mid-year examination will be set based on the material presented in class.