Home > France > Paris > Programs > Program Overview > Course Requirements > Course Description
Economics 210: Intermediate Macroeconomics
American Business School Paris
Economics 110 (Macroeconomics) or equivalent
This course builds upon the foundations put into place in ECO 110. Economic problems facing society are studied more closely. The problems of inflation and unemployment are analyzed and the international monetary system is examined.
COURSE OBJECTIVES & INSTRUCTIONAL METHODOLOGY :
To provide students with a detailed analysis of applications of macroeconomic problems. Several major topics are chosen for review and are studied in-depth.
The course consists of class lectures and outside reading assignments. Students will be expected to do class presentations on various assignments.
Will be covered in class :
- Macroeconomy : Growth & fluctuations
- Measuring Economic Performance : Output and Income
- Monitoring ther Economy; The Long-Run Growth Models
- Effects of Fiscal & Monetary Policies in the Long Run
- Short Run Fluctuations & Spending Balance
- Financial Markets & Aggregate Demand
- Consumption Demand ; Investment Demand
- Foreign Trade & Exchange Rate ; Government Budget Deficit
- Monetary System
- Labor Market & Flexible Price Threories of Fluctuation
- The Firm & the Labor Market with Price & Wage Rigidities
- The World Economy
Macroeconomics, Hall/Taylor, NORTON, 5th Edition, 1997
The final grade will be made up of homework assignments and class participation (25%), a mid-term examination (25%) and the final examination (50%).