Home > Spain > Barcelona > Programs > Program Overview > Course Requirements > Course Description
Geography - The Geography of Spain
University of Barcelona (UB)
200, 300, 400
Spanish 200 or equivalent
To introduce students to Spain’s natural environment and its relationship with Spanish society and the country’s economy.
Syllabus (first term)
- Geomorphology, economy and society
- Genesis of the Iberian Peninsula
- Large structural and topographical units
- Relationship between physical factors and the human factor
- Climate, economy and society
- Temperatures, rainfall, prevailing winds
- Climate diversity in the Iberian Peninsula
- Relationship between climate factors and human activities
Hydrography, economy and society
- Rivers, lakes, lagoons and their relation to human activities
Ecology, economy and society
- Vegetation, fauna and global dynamics.
RABELLA, J.M., (1998), Atlas de España y Portugal, Barcelona, Península.
VIDAL, T., Apuntes policopiados.
VILÀ, J., (1980), La península ibérica, Barcelona, Ariel.
At the end of the term, a mid-year examination will be set based on the material presented in class.